Whenever I am travelling by air and especially if there is a change in aircrafts etc, I am somehow always dreading the following scenario – “I am standing at the luggage belt section of my destination, and everyone else has left with their bags but my luggage doesn’t arrive”.
While the airlines will eventually find the luggage, it’s still a hassle to start your vacation on such a note and get stuck without clothes, etc for at least that day or two.
So, I am always prepared with the following –
- While packing, I keep one / two sets of spare clothes and most important essentials (everyday medication, spectacles etc) in my hand luggage. I can always buy everything else once I reach the city.
- I always keep all essential travel documents in my hand bag and a spare set in my check-in luggage.
- I put unique and prominently displayed name tags on my luggage to avoid confusion in case of similar looking bags / cases. I recently bought some interesting baggage tags from HK, which are very unique and handy. 🙂
- I never keep money/ credit cards etc in my check-in baggage.
- And I never ever mess with the airline officials. 🙂
Check out www.dilbert.com for more such fun comic strips.