Choosing the travel season for a vacation i.e. traveling in a Low vis-a-vis High or Tourist vis-a-vis Off is very important when you are finalising on a place to visit. Since my travel philosophy is to travel budget I love travelling in the off-season. However I then have to research a lot and customise my holiday, stay and activities accordingly. Also, I think travelling during off season gives you chance to interact a lot with the locals, see another aspect of that city and get an actual feel of the place.
Below are a few of my reasons on the pros and cons of each –
5 Reasons Why Travelling in Low / Off Season is Fun –
- Off season means no planning and reserving for everything at least a couple of months in advance. Call up any accommodation of your choice and it will be available.
- Off season means more discounts from all hotels, travel agents, etc, which means super savings for a budget traveler. Discount is a word which is music to my ears always.
- Off season means fewer people which means no crowds and jostles in places to see.
- Off season means no queues and no advance reservations.
- Off season means better service as everyone has the time to cater to your whims and fancies.
5 Reasons Why Travelling in Low / Off Season in Boring –
- Low Season usually means bad / uncooperative weather. It could be too hot, too cold, raining etc.
- Low season means that a lot of local cafes, pubs, restaurants will be closed. These are usually the places that give any local place its character and feel.
- Low season means streets being deserted in the evenings and in some places that might not be safe.
- Low season means that a lot of museums, palaces etc open for lesser number of hours which means less time to explore.
- Low season means not enough fun people / fellow travellers to meet during the trip.
So, whenever you are planning a holiday, think of all these points, then take your pick and pack up to GET SET AND GO.