Any award or recognition received no matter how, what, where, for etc etc is always an honor and a big encouragement because it reinforces the fact that you seem to be doing something right…
Last week, Gypsy Life nominated my blog Getsetandgo for my first blog award – the Versatile Blogger Award. I would really like to thank her for this nomination and the honor. You should visit her blog at http://pommepal.wordpress.com/ to follow her amazing pictures and interesting stories on her travels within New Zealand and Australia.
This award is all the more special to me since this is the first such award that I have received and that too when I have just been blogging for less than 6 months. While I was on top of the moon for this, I couldn’t reply or post immediately as I was on a holiday in Thailand and Cambodia.
Blogging is special to me as it has introduced me to a whole new world wherein I have found new friends with similar interests, I share my ideas and thoughts with people all over the globe, have a new adventures with each new post of people travelling to un-known destinations and most of all I have my own space to write all that I want to. So here’s a big thank you to all of you who have been following, reading, commenting and visiting this small space of mine…
Now per the VBA rules I have to select and nominate 15 bloggers that I follow or have recently discovered. So below is the list (in no particular order) of some of my favourite blogs that I like to follow regularly –
Finally, here are 7 things about myself –
- I am crazy about travel. If I am not travelling then I am always planning about some travel.
- My travel companion is majorly my sister, Kanu.
- I love to buy small local handicraft souvenirs from every place that I visit.
- I love buying earings from everywhere and wearing a matching pair with my clothes everyday.
- I love to experiment and try all kinds of vegetarian food.
- I am experimenting and learning photography with my new camera.
- I am always looking for new and innovative ways to ask my boss for leave. 🙂