These numerous blog awards have done this to me, wherein I am reminded of this childhood jingle that we used to sing at receiving any awards for our academic accomplishments. Today, I am super happy and elated that my blog (which is less than a year old) has received so much appreciation, recognition and a variety of blog awards. In this short time span, blogging has come to mean the world to me wherein I have made new friends, shared my travel stories with other bloggers, had new adventures while reading posts of other bloggers and most of all writing in my own way. So here’s a big thank you to all of you who have been following, reading, commenting, nominating and visiting this small space of mine…
For simplicity, I have compiled a list of all the awards that I have received in the last 9 months and will write 2 blog posts to thank all the bloggers who have nominated me and to nominate other blogs for these awards. So here we go –
The Kreativ Blogger Award – I would like to thank TheBurntMap for this award and honor, in April 2012 (when I was hardly 4 months old). You should visit his blog at http://trippinonlife.wordpress.com/the-burnt-what-2/ to follow his travel chronicles all over India.
Here are the rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award: 1. You must thank the person who has given you the award. (done, above) 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. (Done) 3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award. (done) 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting – Well, I feel that 7 random things about me that people might find interesting is as follows – a) I always wish that everyday had more than 24 hours to be able to accommodate so many more things that I would like to fit in it – travel, baking, crafts, meeting friends, reading, etc etc. b) I am crazily crazy about travel and going worse by each passing day. c) My travel motto for 2013 is “Offbeat Budget travel” and I am constantly looking for new destinations to travel with this theme. d) I love to walk around aimlessly in any new city to get a feel / understanding of the place and in my way get acquainted with it. e) I love hunting for vegetarian / vegan food in all places that I travel to and hope to create a small guide on it someday. f) I love baking, reading and making crafty stuff and I hope to start blogging on that too soon. g) I have lately developed a shoe fetish and am constantly buying new shoes 5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers – I would now like to nominate the following 7 bloggers who I follow and love to read. a) Rachel and her travels at http://pennilesstraveler.com/ b) A must visit blog before you plan to travel to any new city – http://travelculturefood.wordpress.com/ c) Raunak’s insights on numerous topics such as philosophy, travels, India at http://doakonsult.wordpress.com/ d) Fae’s stories on travel, recipes and food at http://faestwistandtango.wordpress.com/ e) Niranjan’s beautiful travel stories and pictures at http://rajniranjandas.blogspot.in/ f) Anil’s travel stories at http://exxtracts.wordpress.com/ g) Shantaya’s travels with her pink backpack at http://thepinkexpat.com/ 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate (Done) 7. Leave a comment on the blogs to let them know they have been nominated (will do)
The Versatile Blogger Award – I would like to thank Janice Heck for this award and honor in May 2012. You can follow her blog at http://janiceheck.wordpress.com/ for stories on various topics ranging from travel, weather, social media to recipes, reading, poetry etc etc. I have already written a blog post on this award previously and you can read it at – Post for Versatile Blogger award.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award – I would like to thank Managuagunntoday and Rachel – Thepennilesstraveler for this award in July and August respectively. You can follow Managuagunntoday for their travel adventures at http://managuagunntoday.wordpress.com/ and Rachel – thepennilesstraveler for her unusual travel stories at http://pennilesstraveler.com/
- Read her story and follow Pommepal on her adventures in Matilda across Australia and New Zealand at http://pommepal.wordpress.com/
- Follow Jodi on her one big adventure at http://travelwithjodi.com/
- Follow this gal on her unusual trips on http://galontrip.wordpress.com/whats-this/
- I stumbled on this blog accidentally too. A relatively new but inspiring blog http://accidentaldesigns.wordpress.com/
- Terris creativity at http://timetobeinspired.wordpress.com/
- Travel with Bron via Europe, Asia and Russia at http://digibron.wordpress.com/
- Daniel and Kelly’s travels at http://danielandkellytravel.com/
- Michael’s travel tales and photographs at http://traveling4numbers.com/
- Leemajors travel stories at http://wanderfulescapades.com/
- Kelly’s travels at http://compassandcamera.wordpress.com/
- Todd, Alisa and their kids’s travels at http://atlashaditeasy.com/
- Christian Mihai at http://cristianmihai.net/category/blog/
- Get crafty with http://hobbyfabulous.wordpress.com/
- Meet the roamers at http://riseandroam.com/
- Read on Rosie’s travels at http://rosieroundtheworld.wordpress.com/
The Super sweetness blogging award – I would like to thank Denise for this award and honor in August 2012. You can follow her blog with mouth-watering dishes and recipes at http://denisefoodblog.wordpress.com/
- Cookies or Cake? Has to be both as I just can’t resist either.
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Undoubtedly Chocolate. I love chocolate in all kinds and forms.
- What is your favorite sweet treat? It is an Indian sweet called Gajjar ka halwa (made from minced carrots, sugar and milk) and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Most after lunch and dinner. It’s in my genes 🙂
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? My sweet nickname would be Meethi, which means sweet in Hindi.
c) Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen” of 13 blogs – My nominations for this are as follows –
- Andy the photographer, traveler, chef at http://snapflycook.wordpress.com/
- Julie’s poems and recipes at http://writingontherim.wordpress.com/
- Hungry Travel Girl at http://hungrytravelgirl.wordpress.com/
- Traveler Chris at http://travellerchris.wordpress.com/
- Sandy’s blog on cooking and health food at http://eat-o-live.com/
- Follow Carol at http://foodandotherstuff.com/
- Paupers without travel at http://pauperswithouttravel.com/
- Awesome recipes at http://thehungrymum.wordpress.com/
- Rhonda Sittig at http://thethankfulheart.wordpress.com/
- A Cultural Journey in the Kitchens of the World at http://cookingintongues.com/author/baidanbi/
- Cuisine de R’unique at http://therunique.wordpress.com/
- Vegan cooking at http://cooktolove.com/
- Pahari S at http://paharidotme.wordpress.com/
The Illuminating Blogger Award – I would like to thank Fae for nominating me for this award in August 2012. You can follow her stories on travel, food and some mouth-watering recipes at http://faestwistandtango.wordpress.com/http://grackleandsun.wordpress.com/ b) From “curiosita” to – http://denisec88.wordpress.com/ c) Myau Myau’s photo gallery – http://myaukun.wordpress.com/ d) Sumithra Sriram – http://hearingwiththeeye.wordpress.com/ e) Mark’s take on China – http://reflectionsofchina.wordpress.com/ 5 Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere (done)
- In which country or region would you like your next adventure to be? I would like to visit Africa soon. I have heard a lot about it but have not been there yet.
- Where would you recommend for an adventurous time? New Zealand
- Most interesting culture: Each culture is unique and worth exploring in its own way.
- Favorite activity: Interacting with locals and shopping for souvenirs.
- Most dangerous risk taken: I am a risk averse traveler
- Favorite quotation: “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- Happiness is: the joy in being content with what you have and constantly discovering new things
The next step is to nominate 12 bloggers who I think are worthy of this award and to inform them about their nominations. So my nominations are as follows –
- Cheryls’s travels in Sri Lanka – http://cherylandandysrilanka2012.wordpress.com/
- Janet, the Journalist on the run – http://janetnewenham.wordpress.com/
- Khoa and Michelle’s adventures in Japan – http://youmeandatanuki.wordpress.com/
- Pinoy’s Travels at http://pinoyontheroad.com/about/
- Leah’s Travels in Florence at http://isleahhere.wordpress.com/
- Meg Travels at http://megtraveling.com/
- Leandra’s travels all over Middle East and Asia at http://adbenturera.wordpress.com/
- Tonito’s travels at http://travellingtonito.wordpress.com/
- Miranda’s travel stories at http://spendyourdays.wordpress.com/
- Follow Katy in Prague and around at http://praguebykaty.wordpress.com/
- Travel with beautiful pics at http://edithlevyphotography.com/
- Sliced Science at http://slicedscience.wordpress.com/
Part 2 of more awards and nominations to follow soon 🙂