This week’s weekly photo challenge is “Sea” and the emotions that the “Sea” invokes in each one of us. And, I couldn’t have asked for a better topic as amongst all the natural sights, this is my favorite. I was born and live in Mumbai, a city by the Arabian Sea and was lucky to live in a sea facing house (till very recently too). Hence some of my earliest memories are of the sights and sounds of the sea; and its various moods and colors have been an important part of my growing up years. Hence it’s no surprise that some of my best holidays and pictures have been by the sea and I am sharing some of the same with you today –
1. I love the gentleness of the sea but more than that I love its crazy angry look during the monsoons, when the tall waves literally come crashing down on the shores and rocks.
2. For me a relaxing holiday is being by the sea all day from dawn to dusk. As a kid too I used to always wake up to it’s morning calls and sleep with the gentle lullaby sung by its evening waves. Hence its sounds always remind me of my childhood.
3. I love its varying colors with each region and season. It could be blue, grey, green, turquoise or a mix of all the these.
4. It’s always been perceptive and understanding towards me. Till date whenever I am upset or undecided I just sit by the sea and the sound of its gentle waves is enough to calm me and help me arrive at the toughest of decisions.
5. But most of all, I love the whole spectacle and feeling when the sun slowly immerses itself in it during sunset. To me it seems that the sea then gives everyone hope and says, that no matter how the day was today, tomorrow will be a brand new day 🙂
Is it the same for you too? Do share your thoughts on the “Sea” below or tweet at traveler_budget.
I hope you enjoyed this photo essay today and in case you want to read other entries for this challenge, then do visit the link here 🙂