Our last day in Switzerland was a wonderful surprise with the first snowfall of the season in Zermatt and its surrounding areas. We were leaving Zermatt for Zurich that day and experienced our first snowfall in Zermatt that morning. We then had a beautiful train ride back wherein we saw the entire landscape once again turning white, trees laden with snow and various moods of snow fall – from a gentle fall to heavy lashes. This train ride was also special as when we had arrived in Zermatt we had seen the same area as green (Read – A Scenic Alpine train journey to Zermatt) and its transformation, on the ride back, was like being lucky to be able to witness summer and winter in a single trip.
And sharing my pics of some of these stunning sights below –
1. Just in a matter of hours, we were transported into Snow Queen’s Snow kingdom with layers of snow covering everything in its sight.
2. Snow makes unique shapes and designs wherever it falls, but for some reason, I loved this sine curve made on the wire mesh of this fence.
3. This snow covered tree was my favorite sight during the entire trip. The unique shape of the branches of the tree have created a beautiful masterpiece with snow.
4. Green was still visible in some places but I am sure it was white in a matter of a few more hours.
5. Managed to capture a shot of gentle snowfall against a dark background
6. Before its mood changed to heavy lashing and diminished visibility
7. And then came the only scene with some color – some green and brown from the trees and the green from the stream, that accompanied us for quite a while.
8. And this is the final postcard that summarizes everything that we saw on that day – the train, the snow, the stream and the beautiful snow covered trees, rocks and ground.
That day I felt like I was in a beautiful painting made by nature